What is Scheduled Content?
With firmware version 4.2.0 and above for Airtame 2, you can schedule digital signage according to specific times of day and days of the week. Scheduled Content provides an easy way to plan communication across your organization or school.
When you use both Looped Content (also called Playlists) and Scheduled Content, the latter overrides the former during the scheduled timeframe.
Get started with Scheduled Content
- Log on to your Airtame Cloud account.
- Navigate to the Screens tab.
- Select the Screen(s) that you want to set a schedule for and click Edit settings.
- Click on Add to start a schedule.
- Once finished, click on Apply changes.
You can always go back in and edit the schedule if any plans change. Click Remove to delete an app from your schedule.
Scheduled Playlists(New Feature)
Previously Cloud apps had two scheduling options:
- Looped Content — the content loops in the background when the screen is not used for screen-sharing
- Scheduled Content — Cloud app will appear on the screen on scheduled weekdays and time intervals
- With the new update, we introduce major improvements to Cloud apps scheduling options, and now there is way more flexibility!
Scheduled Content becomes Scheduled Playlist
Previously to run multiple apps on Schedule, you had to add apps one at a time and configure time back to back.
Now you can add as many apps as you want to scheduled playlists. Define the duration for every app in the schedule and rearrange the priority using drag-n-drop.
Schedule signage for events in advance
Schedule by date allows for configuring digital signage campaigns and events in the future. Now you can prepare the screens to show content right when it’s relevant. That could for example be:
- Employee birthdays and anniversaries
- Welcome messages for guests or new team members
- Images, slideshows, and videos to set the mood for Christmas or Halloween
Simply create a new playlist for every event, and set a start date and time. Your playlist will show up on the screen on the day you’ve specified.
Here is an example of a Scheduled Playlist configured to start playing on Friday evening:
You can also combine 2 scheduling options: Schedule by date and Repeat on days of the week.
The start date can be set up to 90 days ahead.
Set playlists to disappear automatically
Sometimes the content is only relevant for some time, and then it should disappear. Airtame Cloud now allows defining when the playlist should no longer be shown. If you want the playlist to automatically disappear, configure the End date option.
Easily distinguish between different playlists
Playlists now have names. Edit the name if you want to make it easier to understand what’s inside the playlist.
Copy Digital Signage from another device
To make the deployment of digital signage content easier, you can copy the digital signage configuration from one Airtame device to another. By clicking on the drop-down menu, you can choose one of the devices on the list or you can use the search function to search for a specific Airtame device.