Some users would like to have the same IP address assigned to their Airtame every time it is connected to a specific network. Airtame doesn't yet have this setting built in so for now you will need to make the IP reservation in your DHCP server.
What you'll need
- Access to the Network's configuration panel. Usually accessed through the IP 192.168.0.1 or find your router here.
- The Mac address of the specific Airtame AP (2.4GHz of 5GHz) used to connect to the network's access point. (Either 2.4GHz or 5GHz)
- The desired, available, IP address.
- Connect to your network
- Open your network preferences panel by typing your router's IP. Find yours here - same link as the above.
- Look for an option with keywords like "Assign" "IP" & "DHCP"
- Write an IP of your choice and Airtame's MAC address you found earlier
- Save all settings