Network Ping Test
A ping test results can tell us:
- It tests that communication is possible over your network.
You will see "Timeout" if there is no possible path between PC and Airtame.
- It shows what delay is added to your stream because of your WiFi
<10 ms Perfect latency and quality
10-50 ms A bit of latency and fine quality
>50 ms Too much latency for live video streaming, expect disconnects
☝️ Healthy packet loss is ≤ 1.0%
- The stability of the network
If the time fluctuates by more than 3ms then consider adding another access point (AP) to take some of the network load.
Always perform ping tests on your Airtame while it is streaming, this will give you more accurate result. Click here for instructions on how to run a ping test on Windows and MacOS
Delay / Latency test
To see how much delay there is between you computers screen and Airtame's screen, you can take a photo of both screens showing a stopwatch. Follow these steps:
- Open google and search for "Stopwatch"
- Start the stopwatch
- Start a stream to Airtame
- Take one photo that shows both screens
- Subtract the time difference between the two.
The expected delay is:
- Without audio: 10-400 Miliseconds
- With Audio: 1-2 Seconds
Improve network connection
Use these article to improve your connection: