This article will list all of the possible symptoms, errors and solutions for problems related to the Airtame Homescreen. This will include all types of backgrounds, images, URLs and Airtame Cloud apps.
✋ Current limitations of Airtame background
Airtame's background web browser cannot show all website content. Additionally, please keep in mind that Airtame loads URL in iFrame. These are the current things it does not work with:
- Video playback
- Java, Flash, Silverlight, WebGL not supported
- Sites that requires login, like facebook (Due to lack of ways to provide input)
- Flexbox support
If you see that the page loads and after some time it reloads, by showing the spinning arrows again, it is because the website you have chosen exceeds the amount of RAM memory that the Airtame has dedicated to the Homescreen.
Airtame 1 has 150Mb of RAM dedicated to the browser so some websites, dashboards and presentations are simply too big (heavy) to run on Airtame. The page will load until the device runs out of memory and then it will start over again.
Constantly spinning arrows
When you try to lead a URL and all you see are spinning arrows, it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
- The page is too heavy and exceeds the amount of RAM memory available on the device (150Mb) by a lot. This results in the page not being able to show before the device runs out of memory.
- The page has been programmed to not load in an iFrame. Airtame uses iFrames to load the webpage and in some cases, the page is blocked from allowing itself to be loaded inside of an iFrame. This can be fixed by the website creator.
- The URL contains code elements not supported by Airtame such as IPv6, video playback, Java, Flash, Silverlight, WebGL, login and/or animations.
When you see the "err_name_not_resolved" message on an Airtame-equipped screen, this means that the website cannot be found. This is likely due to one of the following:
- A lack of network/internet connection.
- A problem with the DNS not listing the website, i.e. the URL is not on the DNS sheet.
- The website is on a part of the network that the Airtame does not have access to, such as in the case of Airtame being on one VLAN and the website being hosted on another VLAN.