In order to capture and stream audio sent to Airtame from Mac computers, a tool called Soundflower is needed.
⚠️The Soundflower extension was created by a third party developer called Matt Ingalls.
First time installation
- The first time you open the Airtame app on your Mac, you will see this notification:
2. After clicking on the "Enable Audio" button shown above, you will be asked to enter the admin password for your computer:
3. Your Mac's security features will block the system extension the first time around, and you will see this notification:
4. Click the "Open Security Preferences" button in the above notification, or within your Mac go to System Preferences -> Security and Privacy and click "Allow":
☝️You'll need to enter your admin password to allow this driver to install.
5. Once you've gone through the above steps, when you open the Airtame application again the initial notification will be gone. You can now play sound from your Airtame-equipped display (rather than your Mac's speakers) by simply enabling the audio icon (after clicking "Share Window" or "Share Screen":
- To double check that Soundflower has been installed successfully, you can take go to System Preferences -> Sound on your Mac to make sure that Soundflower is listed as an Output option:
2. In case you originally clicked the "Not now" button upon first seeing the notification, or if you still do not see "Soundflower" in the list of outputs, you can install Soundflower manually by following these steps:
- Download Soundflower from this link.
- Open the soundflower.pkg file.
- Open "System Preferences" and go to "Security & Privacy".
- Click "Allow" at the bottom of the window.
- Open the soundflower.pkg file again, and this time it will succeed.
3. If you are still having issues you can run these commands in the "Terminal" to remove/add Soundflower manually:
- Delete the Airtame app and any instances running in the Activity Monitor
- Use this command to remove the Soundflower driver.
rm -rf /Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext
3. Install the Airtame app again.
4. Run this command to load it on the computer.
sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext
⚠️If you have any related questions, you can reach out to us via live chat (click on the icon on the bottom right corner of this page), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org