This article is for devices running version v3.0. If your TV screen does not look like the images below, please click here.
Congratulations getting your first Airtame! This guide will show you how to physically install the device, set it up and stream to it for the first time. The end goal is to have Airtame connected to your existing WiFi so that anybody on that WiFi network can stream, wirelessly.
☝️ Click here to set up using an ethernet adapter.
Note, that at the moment you cannot set up or configure Airtame using a phone or Chromebook, as their app version does not offer access to the Device Management Panel.
Step 1: Installing & Powering Airtame
Airtame requires 5V-1Amp of power from a USB. This USB can be the power adapter provided in the box or from your TV/Projector if it outputs 1 Amp. Your TV/projector’s USB port will be labeled “5V 1A” or “USB-HDD”. (If it says “service,” however, this will not work)
👇 Use the provided HDMI extension cord to fit Airtame in tight spots or to get the Airtame closer to the edge of the screen for better WiFi signal strength.
Step 2: Configuring Airtame
Turn the TV on to the correct HDMI source and you will be asked to Download and install the Airtame app
The Setup Guide
The Airtame app will detect new devices when they are nearby and allow you to set them up with just a few clicks. Settings are sent through WiFi so your computer will temporarily switch to Airtame's WiFi to transfer these initial configurations.
- Open the Airtame app
- Wait to see a green banner showing your new Airtame's name
- Click "Set Up"
- Enter a name for your Airtame
- Choose if to connect it to the current network your laptop is on or select another network and enter the password.☝️Try to use 5 GHz over 2.4 GHz
- Click "Connect" and enter your user password to allow Airtame to switch WiFis for transferring settings
- Wait for confirmation to shown on the TV screen. ☝️ To further configure, go to the Device Management Panel
Step 3: Streaming
Now that the device is set up, go ahead and make your first stream:
- Open the Airtame app
- Find your device or enter its IP address
- Click "Start" for each device you wish to stream to.
- When you are done, return to the app and click "Stop" to finish the stream.
Step 4: Customizing
You can continue customizing your device by going to the device management panel.