Q: I do not receive verification/invite emails from Airtame Cloud
A: You need to make sure that emails coming from Airtame Cloud are not blocked by your SPAM filter. Invitations and verifications are sent from email@example.com. Whitelist this domain if needed.
Q: My Airtame shows as offline in Airtame cloud
Are you able to stream and connect to the device via the Airtame app?
- If you aren't able to stream, this means that the Airtame device is offline on the network. In the event that the Airtame device is disconnected from a network with Internet access, it will also appear as offline on the Airtame Cloud. Please try streaming with the Airtame app on the device to find out if the connection is working. In the event that you cannot connect to the device by entering the name or IP address, please submit a ticket and we will assist you.
- If you are able to stream to the device using the app, it means that something on your network is preventing the device from connecting to the server. Airtame Cloud uses WSS:// to make an encrypted connection. Some network requirements are needed for it to work with your Airtame devices:
- Internet access. Port: 443
- Be able to synchronize time with either your NTP server or external NTP servers. Port: 123
- Your network must allow communication with servers in Germany since https://airtame.cloud is hosted on AWS in Germany.
- The network follows our port requirements and has a good signal strength here the Airtame is located.
- You must use a unique cloud token for each Airtame device, refresh the token for each new Airtame added.
Q: My Airtame doesn't show up in Airtame Cloud
A: If you have pasted the cloud token into the settings of your Airtame devices and it is not showing up, these are the potential reasons:
1. The Airtame cannot set the time via NTP
You can verify if Airtame has set the correct time by checking the date in the last entry of Airtame's device log files.
External NTP traffic is blocked on your network. By the controller, firewall, or web filter.
You have an internal NTP server but it is not being specified by your DHCP server in option 42.
You have an internal NTP server but it is not accessible from the VLAN Airtame is on.
Your web filter's SSL decryption is blocking NTP traffic. Add Airtame's IP to your SSL decryption IP address bypass.
2. The Airtame reports "root distance too large".
This error message means that your NTP server is out of sync from your root NTP server by at least 5 seconds. This results in the Airtame failing to synchronize because it thinks the NTP server's time is bad.
The root distance is defined as:
"The root distance statistic is computed as one-half the root delay of the primary source of time; i.e., the reference clock, plus the root dispersion of that source. The root variables are included in the NTP packet header received from each source. At each update, the root delay is recomputed as the sum of the root delay in the packet plus the peer delay, while the root dispersion is recomputed as the sum of the root dispersion in the packet plus the peer dispersion."
You will need to check the time on the NTP server to make sure it is synchronized properly and accurately. In cases where root distance is correct, the issue might be related to root dispersion. If root dispersion is larger than 5 seconds, this will also cause NTP sync issues.
3. The Airtame cannot find https://airtame.cloud
Airtame cannot "Resolve" the domain Airtame.cloud because it is not listed inside your DNS.
Airtame doesn't have internet access. The network doesn't provide internet or the ports required are not open.
Your firewall is blocking the domain airtame.cloud or the port 443.
- Your firewall is blocking cdn.airtame.cloud. This is a critical piece for Cloud since the component, cloud-agent, installed from the CDN is responsible for the websocket connection to Cloud, and the device won't connect to Cloud unless it is able to download the cloud-agent software from the cdn.airtame.cloud. The nature of the CDN doesn't allow to have statics IPs so the domain cdn.airtame.cloud should be whitelisted.
Your web filter's SSL decryption is blocking airtame.cloud from being resolved. You can disable "SSL Decryption Bypass" or manually whitelist airtame.cloud or Airtame Cloud static IP addresses 220.127.116.11/32 and 18.104.22.168/32.
Country Restrictions: Some networks have country restriction enabled. Airtame.cloud is hosted on Amazon Web Service's servers in Germany. This means that you will need to whitelist airtame.cloud or host a VPN to an outside location.
Note- If you have Fortinet Firewall please have a look at the article below and make sure you have the following settings enabled.