The next step of the starting guide for the Airtame 2 is to configure your device. If you want to revisit the previous step, please feel free to check:
Step 1: Download the app
- Works on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Chromebook.
- Download it from airtame.com/download.
- Pre-install it to multiple computers at once using our MSI or pkg.
- Save it to local storage, like a USB drive.
2. Setup your device
After installing your Airtame device, you will be able to set it up through the Airtame app.
- Setup guide for Airtame 1 / Airtame 2.
- The first time you open the app, the device's name will show as airtame-oob-****** (Out of the box). The name of the device will be shown on the Airtame-equipped display as well.
- Give it a name.
- Choose between connecting your device to your WiFi, Ethernet (wired network), or Ad-hoc.
3. Functions in the Airtame app
Find your Airtame device
- Your device should show up automatically on the list.
- Or find it by typing its name or IP address.
- Mirror your full screen.
- Select a single window to share.
- Share the same content to multiple screens at the same time.
- Stream with audio.
- Minimize the app or keep a small streaming notification on-screen.
5. Device Settings
Here are some of the functions that you can configure in the Airtame Airtame Settings via the Airtame app:
- Network: Connect your Airtame device to another network.
- Resolution: Change the resolution of the Airtame device to make sure that the Airtame is using the preferred resolution that is compatible with your display.
- PIN code connect: With this function enabled, the Airtame device displays a random 4-digit code that the user needs to enter in the app to start a stream.
- Override pin code: If PIN code connect is enabled, this also needs to be enabled to make sure that mobile devices (phones/tablets) can stream to Airtame.
- Password protection: Set a password to access the Airtame device's Settings.
- 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz Access Point: Turn on/off the Airtame's own Access Point (SSID).
- AP Password: If the 2.4 GHz / 5GHz Access Point is enabled, with this function you can set a password to connect to Airtame's own Access Point (SSID).
- Download the log files: Useful for troubleshooting issues with our support team.
6. App Preferences
- Manual mode: Users can set advanced streaming settings like Frame rate, Buffer time, Compression quality, etc.
- Launch at Startup: Choose if you want the Airtame app to start automatically when you start your computer.
- Streaming Notification: Choose if you want a tools banner to appear on the screen when you are streaming.
- Download log files: This allows you to download log files of the Airtame application, which might be necessary for troubleshooting with our Support team. Log files of the Airtame device can be found in the device settings.
- Chat with Airtame: This allows you to access our Help Centre and start a conversation with Airtame.
- Single Window Sharing (for Windows 7 only): This allows you to enable Single Window Sharing on Windows 7 machines.
- Find the app in both the Dock in the bottom bar and in the top taskbar.
- You can minimize and maximize the app to/from a taskbar.
- It can be moved and placed around the screen of your computer.
- It's vertically re-sizable.
The next step you can find here: Connect your Airtame 2 to the Airtame Cloud