Share to call is a new feature that allows the ability for a second device in a meeting room to share their screen in a hybrid conference call from the Airtame app, without manually joining into the meeting.
How to use Share to Call
- Update the Airtame desktop app to version 4.6.0 or newer on your laptop.
- Update the firmware to version 5.2.0 or newer for the Airtame device.
- Use a device, like a laptop, to start a hybrid conference call, using the Airtame app.
- Use a different device, like another laptop, on the same network, to initiate screen sharing on the Airtame device.
- Enter the 4-digit pin code on the screen to verify you are in the room.
- Select whether to share the whole screen or a specific window.
Benefits of Share to Call
- Letting local participants share easily and through the same mechanism regardless of whether remote participants are present or not in the call.
- Creating a better flow in the meeting as users in the meeting room can share much quicker than if they had to go through the join call flow to share.
- Eliminating audio feedback when users forget to mute or turn off audio before joining a call to share.
- Saving battery on your laptop as it doesn't have to load the call to share.
- Saving bandwidth on the local network as local users will not have to load all the call contents on their machines to share.
It is only possible to screen share into a call through the Airtame desktop app. Support to screen share to a call from Miracast, AirPlay, and Google Cast are all noted protocols and have been added to the product roadmap for a future release.