Share from Browser is a new feature that allows a user to wirelessly share their screen directly from a web browser without having to install the Airtame application on their computer.
Right now we support Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and Firefox.
This new feature makes screen sharing significantly easier for your internal users and their guests without extra downloads, additional hardware, extra costs, or reconsidering organizational security processes, postures, or frameworks.
How to use Share from Browser
- Log into Airtame Cloud
- Select your device and click “Update” if you’re not on the latest firmware
- When your device is running the latest version of firmware, select the device and click “Edit Settings”
- Open the “Screen Sharing” option in the device settings menu.
- Enable the “Share from Browser” toggle.
- Click the “Apply changes” button
At this point, you will notice that the default home screen now includes instructions to “Share without app” and a 5-character passcode.
- Go to http://airtame.com/go
Enter the “Share without app” passcode on the home screen.
- Choose the tab, window, or screen that you wish to share with your Airtame device.
Known Limitation- You can only share audio from a tab and not from a window or screen. We are currently researching this feature.
Network Considerations- Finding the device via pairing code goes through the Airtame cloud, so both the laptop and the Airtame need to be online and able to communicate with the Airtame cloud over HTTPS (443). For more network deployment requirements please refer to this article.
Please Note- Share from Browser does not work with Mobile devices. We are working on ways to enable that in our future releases.