When using the Airgroup functionality on Aruba Wireless controllers, an Airtame service tag needs to be added for the automatic discovery to work.
Note: If your network has only one VLAN, simply disable Airgroup and it will work.
Aruba support may mention that the service ID ‘airtame:recv’ is invalid, this is true but is legacy. However, Airtame also uses a valid service ID written below
Steps for Airgroup:
- Open the Aruba controller
- Open up "services" by clicking "more" in the top-right corner
- Add a new AirGroup service called "Airtame"
- Create a new Service ID (SSDP) with the string:
- Create a second new Service ID (mDNS)with the string:
- Create a third new Service ID (Miracast over Infrastructure) with the string:
- Enable airtame service with a checkmark
- Save settings
- For Airplay, you'll need to "enable bonjour" and "enable guest bonjour multicast" with a checkmark.
- Click "OK". The final result should look like this:
In some cases, antivirus software breaks SSDP discovery. Also, Windows users may need to disable the SSDP service running on Windows. Do this by searching windows for "services">SSDP>Set to "Manual">stop the service from running> lastly, restart the Airtame app.
Example missing step #5
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be here to assist you.