When using the Airgroup functionality on Aruba Wireless controllers, an Airtame service tag needs to be added for the automatic discovery to work.
Note: If your network has only one VLAN, simply disable Airgroup and it will work.
Aruba support may mention that the service ID ‘airtame:recv’ is invalid, this is true but is legacy. However, Airtame also uses a valid service ID written below
Steps for Airgroup:
- Open the Aruba controller
- Open up "services" by clicking "more" in the top-right corner
- Add a new AirGroup service called "Airtame"
- Create a new Service ID with the string:
- Create a second new Service ID with the string:
- Enable airtame service with a checkmark
- Save settings
- For Airplay, you'll need to "enable bonjour" and "enable guest bonjour multicast" with a checkmark.
- Click "OK". The final result should look like this:
10. In some cases, antivirus software breaks SSDP discovery. Also, Windows users may need to disable the SSDP service running on Windows. Do this by searching windows for "services">SSDP>Set to "Manual">stop the service from running> lastly, restart the Airtame app.
Example missing step #5
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box on the corner or send an email to email@example.com and we will be here to assist you.
If you are facing technical issues, remember to send also your Airtame device logs.
Sign up for product updates to stay posted on future features.