Airtame can be connected to your network via an Ethernet cable by using an adapter (Not included). This connection will generally give you a more reliable performance.
Not sure why? Read about the benefits of using Ethernet.
Ethernet Adapter requirements
✅ ASIX AX88772A chipset
✅ Micro USB connector
✅ Native Linux support
Step 1: Installing & Powering Airtame
Plugging in the Ethernet Adapter
- Plug the micro USB-to-Ethernet adapter into the accessory port, then the Ethernet cable to the router. For Airtame 1 the port needs to be uncovered. On Airtame 2 the micro USB port is on the side of the device.
- Give power to Airtame and wait for it to boot. Once the device has booted, you will be presented with an IP address if the connection was successful ✔️
Step 2: Configuring Airtame
This setup is intended for a new device. If you have already connected Airtame to the same network via WiFi, we recommend either starting fresh with a reset or disconnecting this WiFi after the setup.
- (Optional) reset of Airtame 1 or Airtame 2
- Hook up the Ethernet connection and wait for an IP address to be shown. ☝️ If no IP address comes up on the screen you may need to allow Airtame onto your network or check that the Ethernet port on your switch is mapped to a VLAN or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Airtame application
- Select "Set Up" from green banner in the top of the application
- Follow the steps (also available in the gif image below)
- Test streaming by opening the App and clicking "Share screen" or entering the IP address.
- If successful, consider password protecting Airtame's own WiFi APs , or connecting the remaining antenna to your guest WiFi.
- For setting up instructions follow this guide: How to edit Airtame's overlay text
Step 3: Adding a Guest WiFi
Having used a wired (Ethernet) connection, you have the ability to add a second network via WiFi. To do this:
- Open the Device Settings
- Scroll down to "Network" and select your guest WiFi
- Type in the password for that network.☝️Portal login WiFi's are not yet supported by Airtame
- Click "Apply Changes"
🔧 For additional setup examples, please check out this article.
Step 4: Streaming
Now that the device is set up, go ahead and make your first stream:
- Open the Airtame app.
- Find your device in the list or enter its IP address.
- Click "Share screen" for each device you wish to stream to.
- When you are done, return to the app and click "Stop" to finish the stream.
Want to stream from a mobile device?