We've implemented Google Cast and Miracast protocol in our Airtame 2 devices.
How to use Google Cast:
Using Google Home app:
- Make sure your mobile phone or tablet is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Airtame 2 device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap the device you want to cast your screen to.
- Tap Cast my screen - Cast screen.
Check out How to configure and enable Google Cast
How to use Miracast:
The steps to mirror from your Android might vary depending on your device. The most common ways are either by using "Smart view", "Screen mirroring", "Quick Connect" or through the Cast settings on your phone.
If you have enabled PIN code, then you will be prompted to enter an 8-digit code that you will see on the screen. If you enter the correct PIN code, the mirroring should then start.
Check out How to configure and enable Miracast
How to use the Android app:
You can use the APK file below to download and install the Android app. The application is meant for presenting static files only.
We recommend using Google Cast and Miracast instead, as described above.
- Airtame Android app needs to be installed as an .APK file. If you are not sure if your Android device can run an .apk file, this can be checked in your Android's security settings.
- You can only stream to one Airtame device at a time.
- External SD cards are not supported.
- The Dropbox integration is no longer working but you can follow the "Streaming Content from Another App" guide below to stream from the Dropbox app.
- Some Android devices, specifically Samsung models do not work properly with the Airtame App showing signs of taking a very long time to connect.
Files types supported:
Images: JPEG, PNG
Documents*: Word, PDF, Pages, Excel, Numbers, Powerpoint, Keynote.
(*Converted to PDF for streaming)
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be here to assist you.