The Airtame app looks and feels the same no matter what operating system you use.
The Airtame app can be deployed in three ways:
- Downloaded from airtame.com/download
- Pre-installed multiple computers at once using our MSI.
- Saved to a local storage like a USB drive.
Functions in the Airtame app:
- Search: Type the name or IP address of an Airtame to find it.
- Stream: Mirror your entire screen or select a single window.
- Set up new Airtame: Get notified about Airtame's nearby and set up.
- Device Settings: Click "Settings" to show the configure individual Airtames.
- App Preferences:
- Manual mode: Users can set advanced streaming settings like Frame rate, Buffer time, Compression quality, etc.
- Launch at Startup: Choose if you want the Airtame app to start automatically when you start your computer.
- Streaming Notification: Choose if you want a tools banner to appear on the screen when you are streaming.
- Download log files: Allows you to download log files of Airtame application to see the behavior that might be causing issues. Only relevant for tech support issues.
- Chat with Airtame: Allows you to access our Help Centre and start a conversation with Airtame.
- Single Window Sharing (for Windows 7 only): Allows you to enable Single Window Sharing on Windows 7 machines.
Airtame App Types - Computers
All types of the Airtame app can be downloaded for free from airtame.com/download.
For Windows, macOS, and Linux with administrator rights. For advanced information on how to install the Airtame app:
Windows Guest App
For Windows computers without administrator rights. This version does not require installation or administrative rights, just click and it opens.
For more information on how your guests can use Airtame: Airtame & guests
Mass deployment installer - MSI
This version is used to pre-configure and install on multiple computers at once.
Learn how to
- Windows: Learn how to Deploy Airtame app via MSI.
- MacOS: Use the regular airtame.dmg along with a separate package for capturing audio called Soundflower. Download Soundflower here: Download Soundflower
Note: Soundflower is included in the .dmg file of the Airtame app but in the case of mass deployment it will need to be installed separately.
The Chromebook app does not allow you to setup Airtames. This must be done using a Windows or macOS computer.
Airtame beta app
Use the Airtame beta app to test latest changes and validate before deploying. Beta versions of the Airtame app and firmware are available here: Test upcoming releases
Airtame App Types - Smartphones and Tablets
Android Mobile App
For Android mobile devices, we have created a presentation app which lets you show photos, documents and presentations.
Learn more and download here: Present to Airtame using Android devices
The iOS Mobile App and Airplay
Apple iOS devices can use a dedicated app for presentations or they can use AirPlay.
Learn more and download here: Present to Airtame using iOS devices
Supported Operating systems
- Windows, MacOS, Chromebook, Linux, Airplay.
- System: Dual Core processor
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- WiFi: 802.11g
- OS: Windows 7, Ubuntu 18.04 (X11), MacOS X 10.11, Chrome OS version 70, iOS 9, Android 4.2.2
- CPU: Dual Core processor from 2013 or later (CoreM3/5, Core i3/5/7/9 or similar)
- RAM: 4 GB RAM
- WiFi: 802.11n/ac
- OS: Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (X11), MacOS X10.14, latest Chrome OS version, iOS 12, Android 4.2.2
- 2.4/5.2 GHz 802.11 bg/n/ac MIMO 2x2 300 MBit
Uninstalling the App
- Click the Windows icon.
- Type "Uninstall" and hit enter.
- Find "Airtame" in the list and select it by clicking once.
- Click "Uninstall" and follow the on screen instructions. If an error message shows, click "Delete" instead of "Uninstall".
- Open Finder and navigate to the "Applications" folder.
- Find "Airtame" and either right-click to select "Move to Trash" or drag the icon to the recycling bin.
- Finish by emptying the recycling bin.
Note: MacOS keeps extra files in the backend, which means that some of the files might remain.
⏭ Continue to the next step by clicking here