The YouTube app on Airtame Cloud Plus is a feature with which you can run YouTube videos as background or digital signage on your Airtame device.
You can choose from a variety of public, unlisted videos, live streams, or playlists.
How to set it up
- Log into your Airtame Cloud account.
- Go to the Screens tab.
- Select one or multiple screens.
- Click Edit settings.
- Select an app, Add or click on the X to replace the current one.
- Choose the Youtube app.
- Insert the URL of the Youtube video or playlist you wish to show.
- Choose some of the additional configurations, if you wish to ex. loop the video/playlist, mute the it or force the video to perform based on your bandwidth.
- Save and Apply changes
- Videos and playlists must be categorised as public or unlisted on YouTube. Airtame will not be able to show videos categorised as private.
- The videos must be available in your country.
- Audio is enabled by default, but you can turn it off with by enabling Mute toggle.
- Video playback quality and frame rate will depend on the version of the hardware, the connection to the Internet and the connection to the relevant servers where content is stored. Maximum obtainable frame rates are approx. 30 FPS@1080p for Airtame 1 and 60FPS@1080p for Airtame 2.
- Video quality also depends on bandwidth and stability of the Airtame's internet connection.
- YouTube (or other video players') algorithm for controlling video quality will also have an impact. YouTube might be hardcoded to run 720p to ensure stability.
- If the video is “interrupted” (e.g. after a reboot or a live presentation), it would then play from the beginning.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to email@example.com and we will be here to assist you.