We have done extensive performance tests during the development of the thermal construction. Tests have shown that the Airtame 2 can handle high internal temperatures before it lowers its performance.
- Airtame is designed and built to get warm both while idle and in use.
- Temperature management: Airtame will automatically regulate performance and even shut down should the device get too warm to prevent damaging the components.
- To cool down, Airtame moves the heat out to the surfaces where the heat slowly dissipates.
- Avoid placing the Airtame in a box, surrounded by cables, on heat outtakes, on fans of projectors, or alike as this reduces Airtames ability to dissipate the heat.
Ambient operating (room) temperature: 5°C – 30°C or 41°F – 86°F
Your Airtame 2 might get warm
When you use the device, it gets warm. You might notice that your device feels warmer in situations that increase processing power, such as:
- Running heavily animated dashboards or videos.
- Updating the firmware.
- Streaming for an extended amount of time.
- When applying new settings.
Airtame will automatically regulate processing power to keep the temperature steady. This might cause a change in performance and you might experience:
- Reduced quality or lowered frame rate during streaming.
- An extended delay between Airtame and your device.
- At worst, Airtame becomes unresponsive or shuts down. To resume use of your device as quickly as possible, turn it off, move it to a cooler environment, and allow it to cool down.
About the safety standard
The Airtame 2 has been thoroughly tested during development both in-house and with our development partners and is within the legal limits for how hot plastic is allowed to get - even when tested in its worst possible thermal state. We have also passed safety testing at our certified lab partners in compliance with IEC/EN 62368-1:2014 (Second Edition).
The heat created by the Airtame 2 will not cause the magnet inside the magnetic wall mount to demagnetize or cause the adhesive on the magnetic wall mount to soften or in other ways cause the device to fall off the wall.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box on the corner or send an email to email@example.com and we will be here to assist you.
If you are facing technical issues, remember to send also your Airtame device logs.
Sign up for product updates to stay posted on future features.