As of Airtame firmware v3.6.0, you can set videos as digital signage:
- Log on to Airtame Cloud or open the device settings through the Airtame app.
- Select the “Website” option for Homescreen.
- Paste in a public URL from an online source and click “Apply changes”.
- The only stipulation is that "embed", "autoplay", and "loop" features need to be enabled on the video’s side before copying the URL. If this is enabled the video will play on a loop.
- In case the video is “interrupted” (e.g. after a reboot or a live presentation), it will start playing from the beginning.
- Audio is enabled by default and there is no way disable without muting the TV.
To run a single video on a loop:
Use the above link and replace both instances of "AkLaf3wRYMQ" with your video's ID.
Use the above link and replace both instances of "81400335" with your video's ID.
To run a video playlist on a loop:
Use the above link and replace the text "PLZsAAiTEZeoE8qU-uqd8DjmcjdnMar_py" with your playlist ID.
What streaming quality to expect:
- The video playback quality and frame rate will depend on the version of the hardware, the connection to the internet and the connection to the relevant servers where content is stored. Maximum obtainable frame rates are approx. 30 FPS@1080p for Airtame 1 and 60FPS@1080p for Airtame 2
- The video quality also depends on bandwidth and stability of the Airtame's internet connection.
- YouTube (or other video players') algorithm for controlling video quality will also have an impact. YouTube might be hardcoded to run 720p to ensure stability.