There are several different ways in which you can show videos as the background for your Airtame device:
- Using the Website app on Airtame Cloud.
- Using the YouTube app on Airtame Cloud.
- Pasting the URL into the settings of the Airtame device:
- Open the device settings through the Airtame app.
- Select the “Website” option
- Paste in a public URL from an online source and click “Apply changes”.
Current limitations for video playback
- Videos as digital signage is only available for Airtame devices with firmware version 3.6.0 and higher.
- Videos and playlists must be categorised as public on YouTube/Vimeo. Airtame will not be able to show videos categorised as private .
- Audio is enabled by default and there is no way to turn it off without muting the TV, if you are using the Website app to show the videos as digital signage. If you use the YouTube app for showing videos, there is an option to mute the sound of the video/playlist (see Option 2 above).
- Video playback quality and frame rate will depend on the version of the hardware, the connection to the internet and the connection to the relevant servers where content is stored. Maximum obtainable frame rates are approx. 30 FPS@1080p for Airtame 1 and 60FPS@1080p for Airtame 2
- Video quality also depends on bandwidth and stability of the Airtame's internet connection.
- YouTube (or other video players') algorithm for controlling video quality will also have an impact. YouTube might be hardcoded to run 720p to ensure stability.
- If the video is “interrupted” (e.g. after a reboot or a live presentation), it would then play from the beginning.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to email@example.com and we will be here to assist you.