The benefits of using the Airtame PoE Adapter
Airtame offers the Airtame PoE Adapter - a Power over Ethernet to USB accessory that is used to provide DC 5V and Ethernet connection over USB to the Airtame 2.
The accessory provides the benefit of a clean setup. The Airtame PoE Adapter and Airtame 2 Aircord serve three purposes. In addition to supplying Power (1) and Ethernet connection (2), the single cable connects the Airtame to the HDMI port on your display (3).
Deployment of Airtame with Airtame PoE Adapter
- To deploy Airtame 2 devices with PoE requires you to consider the source of power for the PoE. Not all Ethernet ports or switches support PoE.
- You will need to use PoE Access Switches or PoE Injectors to provide both power and network connection.
- The PoE equipment used has to be compliant with the IEEE PoE standards.
The Airtame PoE Adapter supports PoE Type 1, PoE Type 2 ("PoE+"), PoE Type 3 and PoE Type 4 (as long as they follow IEEE standards). Check the table below to check if your equipment qualifies:
Table source: Wikipedia.
Setting up Airtame with Airtame PoE Adapter
The setup in the guide below is intended for a new device. If you have already connected your Airtame 2 to the same network via WiFi, we recommend either starting fresh with a reset or disconnecting this WiFi after the setup.
- (Optional) Reset Airtame 2
- Connect the Airtame PoE adapter to the Airtame device and your PoE injector/access switch and wait for an IP address to be shown on the screen
- If no IP address comes up on the screen you may need to allow Airtame onto your network or check that the Ethernet port on your switch is mapped to a VLAN, is PoE enabled or write to email@example.com
- Open Airtame application
- Select "Set Up" from green banner in the top of the application
- Follow the steps (also available in the gif image below)
- Test streaming by opening the app and clicking "Share screen" or entering the IP address
- If successful, consider password protecting Airtame's own WiFi APs , or connecting the remaining antenna to your guest WiFi through the device settings
To include some instructions on the overlay background check how to edit Airtame's overlay text.
Keep in mind that Airtame PoE Adapter has a different MAC address than our Ethernet adapter and you might have to whitelist it separately so that Airtame 2 can join the network.
Adding a Guest WiFi
Using a wired (PoE) connection, you have the ability to add a second network via WiFi. To do this:
- Open the device settings
- Scroll down to "Network" and select your guest WiFi
- Type in the password for that network. Portal login WiFi's are not yet supported by Airtame
- Click "Apply Changes"
- Advanced setup: Deployment Guide
- Improve Streaming
- Learn how to stream from different devices: Using Airtame
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box on the corner or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be here to assist you.
If you are facing technical issues, remember to send also your Airtame device logs.
Sign up for product updates to stay posted on future features.