In order to capture and stream audio sent to Airtame from Mac computers, a tool called Soundflower is needed.
The Soundflower extension was created by a third party developer called Matt Ingalls.
Note: This will not be needed any longer from App version 4.0 and higher. Check this article on How to enable audio on MacOS.
- The first time you open the Airtame app on your Mac, you will see this notification and you will have to click on Enable Audio:
2. You will then be asked to enter the admin password for your computer:
3. Your Mac's security features will block the system extension the first time around, and you will see these notifications. Click on OK and then on Enable audio:
4. You will again be asked to to enter the admin password for your computer:
5. Give access to access System Preferences by clicking on OK.
6. Click on Allow like shown on the picture below or within your Mac go to System Preferences -> Security and Privacy and click Allow:
You'll need to enter your admin password to allow this driver to install.
Stream with audio
Soundflower is now installed and you can stream to Airtame with audio.
- Start a stream by selecting "Share Window" or "Share Screen".
- Click on the audio button
If Soundflower installation fails, the Airtame app will give you a warning and won't allow to play audio:
1. Validate installation:
To double check that Soundflower has been installed successfully, go to System Preferences -> Sound. Check that Soundflower is listed as an Output option:
2. If you initially clicked "Not now":
Manually install Soundflower by following these steps:
- Download Soundflower from this link.
- Open the soundflower.pkg file.
- Open "System Preferences" and go to "Security & Privacy".
- Click "Allow" at the bottom of the window.
- Open the soundflower.pkg file again, and this time it will succeed.
3. Remove and re-install Soundflower manually:
If you are still having issues, can run these commands in the "Terminal" to remove/add Soundflower manually:
- Delete the Airtame app and any instances running in the Activity Monitor
- Use this command to remove the Soundflower driver.
rm -rf /Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext
3. Install the Airtame app again.
4. Run this command to load it on the computer.
sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box on the corner or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be here to assist you.
If you are facing technical issues, remember to send also your Airtame device logs.
Sign up for product updates to stay posted on future features.