This guide will show you how to physically install the Airtame, set up and stream for the first time. The end goal is to have Airtame connected to your existing network so that anybody on that same network can stream wirelessly.
Installing with an Ethernet adapter?
Follow instructions in this article: Set up using an Ethernet adapter
What you need before setting up
- Airtame (and all accessories in the box)
- TV or projector
- WiFi network
- A computer: Windows, macOS, Linux.
Note that setup from Chromebook or mobile devices is not supported.
Step 1: Mounting
Airtame can be placed differently depending on whether a permanent or flexible installation is desired.
- Flexible installation involves using the magnetic wall mount to fix Airtame to a magnetic surface, such as the back of the frame of your TV or projector.
- Permanent mounting uses the adhesive on the magnetic wall mount to stick the Airtame to any surface. For optimal streaming, mount the Airtame 2 on the wall approximately 10cm/4in from the edge of the display using the non-removable adhesive.
Download the mounting instructions here
Step 2: Powering
- Airtame 2 is powered by a : 2.3A @ 5V power adaptor (included).
- We recommend using the provided power adaptor. Airtame 2 cannot be powered via USB port of at TV or Projector.
- The Aircord is not compatible with any USB extenders and, if necessary, should only be extended on the Power-side using Airtame Extension Cord.
When powered up correct, Airtame 2 will display a green LED light.
Step 3: Configuring Airtame
Turn the TV on to the correct HDMI source and you will be asked to download and install the Airtame app
The Airtame app will detect new devices when they are nearby and allow you to set them up with just a few clicks. Settings are sent through WiFi, so your computer will temporarily switch to Airtame's WiFi to transfer these initial configurations.
- Open the Airtame app.
- Wait until you see the blue "Set up" button appear next to your new Airtame's name and click on it.
- Enter a name for your Airtame.
- Choose if you would like to set up a password for the Airtame device's Settings and the Airtame device's own Access Points. You can also skip this step and individual passwords for the access point and device settings later from device settings after setup is complete.
- Choose between connecting your device to your WiFi, Ethernet (wired network) or Ad-hoc.
- If you chose WiFi, select your network from the list of nearby WiFi's. (Select 5GHz over 2.4GHz whenever available).
- Wait for the confirmation to show on the TV screen.
- For additional configuration, go to the device settings.
Step 4: Streaming
You can also stream to your Airtame 2 devices via native streaming protocols that Airtame supports: AirPlay, Google Cast and Miracast.
In the following linked article you will find the steps on How to enable native streaming protocols on your Airtame 2 devices.
If you would like to know more about each specific protocol, you can find the corresponding article by following the link:
Step 5: Manage your device from the online management platform
For detailed instructions with illustrations: Airtame Cloud: Getting started
Or follow the steps:
- Go to Airtame Cloud
- Follow instructions to register your account for free.
- Click on "Add Airtame".
- Select the group you would like to add your Airtame to.
- Click the "Copy" button or manually copy the token in the box.
- Add the Cloud Token to your Airtame:
- Open the Airtame app settings.
- Paste the Token under "Cloud token".
- Click the "Apply changes" button.
Your Airtame will now shortly after show up in Airtame Cloud. If this is not the case please check our Airtame Cloud - Troubleshooting.
Step 6: Customizing
You can continue customizing your device by going to Airtame device settings
Changing networks on your Airtame device
You might need to connect your Airtame again to a WiFi network because of the following reasons:
- You are unable to access the device settings.
- The name of the your network has changed (SSID).
- You move the Airtame to a different location.
- You are taking the Airtame for a remote presentation.
Here is how you can re-connect or change the WiFi network of your Airtame device: How to connect Airtame to a WiFi network
- Advanced setup: Deployment guide
- Improve streaming
- Learn how to stream from different devices: Using Airtame
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to [email protected] and we will be here to assist you.