Prerequisites: This is a paid feature. The Airtame device must have a seat in our Airtame Cloud Plus plan. Learn more.
The website application, accessible in your Airtame Cloud account, will allow you to display a public URL on your Airtame's screen background. Additional features include the periodic refreshing of your configured URL.
How to set it up
- Log into your Airtame Cloud account
- Go to the Screens tab
- Select one or multiple screens
- Click Edit settings
- Select an app, Add or click on the X to replace the current one
- Choose the Website app
- Enter the URL you want to display and choose a reload interval (this feature works with https websites only)
- Save and Apply changes
How to run videos as digital signage
One way of running videos as digital signage would be to insert the URL of the video/playlist in the Website app. With this method, you can show both Youtube and Vimeo videos. Here is how to set each them up and ensure they play in a loop.
To run a single video on a loop:
Use the above link, but replacing both instances of "AkLaf3wRYMQ" with your video's ID.
To run a video playlist on a loop:
Use the above link, but replacing the text "PLZsAAiTEZeoE8qU-uqd8DjmcjdnMar_py" with your own playlist ID.
Cut out the ID out of your own URL, and paste in the related section.
The second way of running videos as digital signage would be to use the Youtube digital signage app. Please keep in mind that this app is for Youtube videos/playlists only and to show Vimeo videos/playlists you will have to use Option 1 above.
Current general limitations:
Airtame's background web browser cannot show all website content. The following content cannot be displayed on the web browser:
- Java, Flash, Silverlight, WebGL
- Sites that require login, such as Facebook (as there is no current way to input login credentials)
Current limitations for video playback:
- Videos as digital signage is only available for Airtame devices with firmware version 3.6.0 and higher.
- Videos and playlists must be categorised as public on Youtube/Vimeo. Airtame will not be able to show videos categorised as private .
- Audio is enabled by default and there is no way to turn it off without muting the TV, if you are using the Website app to show the videos as digital signage. If you use the Youtube app for showing videos, there is an option to mute the sound of the video/playlist (see Option 2 above).
- Video playback quality and frame rate will depend on the version of the hardware, the connection to the internet and the connection to the relevant servers where content is stored. Maximum obtainable frame rates are approx. 30 FPS@1080p for Airtame 1 and 60FPS@1080p for Airtame 2
- Video quality also depends on bandwidth and stability of the Airtame's internet connection.
- YouTube (or other video players') algorithm for controlling video quality will also have an impact. YouTube might be hardcoded to run 720p to ensure stability.
- If the video is “interrupted” (e.g. after a reboot or a live presentation), it would then play from the beginning.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be here to assist you.