The website application, accessible in your Airtame Cloud account, will allow you to display a public URL on your Airtame's Homescreen. Additional features include the periodic refreshing of your configured URL.
How to set it up:
- Enable Homescreen view on your Airtame.cloud account
- Select the device/devices that you want to show the Website app on
- Click on "Switch app"
- Select "Website"
- Enter the URL you want to display and choose a reload interval (this feature works with https websites only)
- Click "Save" and "Apply settings"
🎬 How to run videos as digital signage
To run a single video on a loop:
Use the above link, but replacing both instances of "AkLaf3wRYMQ" with your video's ID.
To run a video playlist on a loop:
Use the above link, but replacing the text "PLZsAAiTEZeoE8qU-uqd8DjmcjdnMar_py" with your own playlist ID.
Cut out the ID out of your own URL, and paste in the related section.
Airtame's background web browser cannot show all website content. The following content cannot be displayed on the web browser:
- Java, Flash, Silverlight, WebGL
- Sites that require login, such as Facebook (as there is no current way to input login credentials)
Limitations for video playback:
- Audio is enabled by default and there is no way to turn it off without muting the TV.
- Video playback quality and frame rate will depend on the version of the hardware, the connection to the internet and the connection to the relevant servers where content is stored. Maximum obtainable frame rates are approx. 30 FPS@1080p for Airtame 1 and 60FPS@1080p for Airtame 2
- Video quality also depends on bandwidth and stability of the Airtame's internet connection.
- YouTube (or other video players') algorithm for controlling video quality will also have an impact. YouTube might be hardcoded to run 720p to ensure stability.
- If the video is “interrupted” (e.g. after a reboot or a live presentation), it would then play from the beginning.