Deployment Validation Checklist
This checklist will let you test and validate your Airtame setup to ensure best possible experience and readiness for roll-out
Note: Airtame 2 deployment checklist is available for download here
- For Airtame 1: If powered by a TV/Projector: The USB provides at least 1Amp. Airtame 2 can ONLY be powered via a power adapter
- Router placed less than 30 feet (10 m) away from Airtame
- Fewer than two walls between your Router/AP and Airtame
- Choose the best WiFi: Use 5GHz over 2.4GHz
- Signal RSSI value > -60dbm on 5Ghz or -50dBm on 2.4Ghz (Visible on Airtame Cloud)
- Ping test is stable and preferable below 10ms and at least below 50ms
- Disable unused "hotspot" Access Points on Airtame to minimize WiFi interference
- Setup inter-VLAN routing from all intended VLANs to Airtame's VLAN.
- Have required network ports open
- Discovery is working: Available devices are showing up in the app automatically
- Optional: AirPlay enabled and showing on your iOS device
- All devices are added to Airtame Cloud
- Check if updates are available for both your Airtame device and app.
- Stream from desired devices. We recommend streaming for a longer period to ensure stability.
- Stream with audio to confirm it is working correctly.
- Optional: Stream using AirPlay from iOS devices.
- Adjust screen settings: Reduce contrast until all the lines in a spreadsheet are visible (Often around 70-80% of max value).
- Clear text: Reduce sharpen until the text looks good and is easy to read (Often 0-20% of maximum).
- Disable overscan to avoid a cropped picture.
- Optional: Avoid black bars by changing the aspect ratio on your Computer to match the TV (16:9) or Projector (16:10).
- Users can download and install the app from www.airtame.com/download
- Deploy the Airtame MSI to all company computers
- Make sure guests and users without admin rights can get the Windows Guest app
- Users know how to use Airtame for mirroring their screens or selected windows with and without audio
Additional useful steps:
- Customize the background to brand your organization.
- Edit overlay guide and text with relevant information or detailed steps for users to stream.
- Use our customizable and printable guides.
- Airtame is placed secured to avoid theft.
- For larger roll-outs: Have at least one Airtame and Computer on latest beta to stay on top of changes and ensure stability.
- Take a call with Airtame to clear up any questions or doubts or reach out on chat here. Make sure to attach the device log files to your message so we can evaluate your setup.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box on the corner or send an email to email@example.com and we will be here to assist you.
If you are facing technical issues, remember to send also your Airtame device logs.
Sign up for product updates to stay posted on future features.