The Airtame Cloud uses WSS:// to make an encrypted connection. For this, Airtame will need an Internet connection and accurate time provided by an NTP server. If your Airtame is having trouble connecting to the Cloud, look through these possible issues and how to solve them. You might see issues like:
🎯 An Airtame Device not showing up in the cloud
🎯 An Airtame Device shown as offline
👇 If none of the below solutions work then please take the device log files and send them to us through the chat system on the bottom right of this page or to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of what you are experiencing
You will need
- Airtame Cloud account.
- Airtame connected to a network with Internet access.
- Network allowing access to external or internal NTP servers.
- Make sure the network you are using meets our port requirements and has a good signal strength where the Airtame is located.
- Use one unique cloud token for each Airtame, refresh the token for each new Airtame added.
"I do not receive verification/invite emails from Airtame Cloud"
You need to make sure that emails coming from Airtame Cloud are not blocked by your SPAM filter. Invitations and verifications are sent from email@example.com. Whitelist this domain if needed.
"My Airtame doesn't show up in Airtame Cloud"
If you have made a Cloud account and copied/pasted the cloud token into your devices settings and it is not showing up, it could be because of two reasons:
1- The Airtame cannot set the time via NTP
You can verify if Airtame has set correct time by checking the date in the last entry of Airtame's device log files.
- External NTP traffic is blocked on your network. By the controller, firewall or web filter.
- You have an internal NTP server but it is not being specified by your DHCP server in option 42.
- You have an internal NTP server but it is not accessible from the VLAN Airtame is on.
- Your web filter's SSL decryption is blocking NTP traffic. Add Airtame's IP to your SSL decryption IP address bypass.
- Your DNS does not resolve the NTP domains 0.fedora.pool.ntp.org , 1.fedora.pool.ntp.org , 2.fedora.pool.ntp.org , 3.fedora.pool.ntp.org
2- The Airtame reports root distance too large
This error message means that your NTP server is out of sync from your root NTP server by at least 5 seconds. This means the Airtame fails to synchronise because it thinks the NTP server's time is bad.
The root distance is defined as:
"The root distance statistic is computed as one-half the root delay of the primary source of time; i.e., the reference clock, plus the root dispersion of that source. The root variables are included in the NTP packet header received from each source. At each update the root delay is recomputed as the sum of the root delay in the packet plus the peer delay, while the root dispersion is recomputed as the sum of the root dispersion in the packet plus the peer dispersion."
You'll need to check the time on the NTP server to make sure it's synchronised properly and accurate. In cases where root distance is correct the issue might be related to root dispersion. If root dispersion is larger than 5s this will also cause NTP sync issues.
3- The Airtame cannot find https://airtame.cloud
- Airtame cannot "Resolve" the domain Airtame.cloud because it is not listed inside your DNS.
- Airtame doesn't have internet access. The network doesn't provide internet or the ports required are not open.
- Your firewall is blocking the domain airtame.cloud or the port 443.
- Your web filter's SSL decryption is blocking airtame.com from being resolved. You can disable "SSL Decryption Bypass" or manually whitelist airtame.cloud
- Country Restrictions: Some networks have country restriction enabled. Airtame.cloud is hosted on Amazon Web Service's servers in Germany. This means that you will need to whitelist airtame.cloud or host a VPN to an outside location.
"My Airtame shows as offline in the cloud"
- Does the Airtame device show up a second time? Maybe you added the Airtame with a new token but did not remove the old/original entry.
- Is the Airtame device turned on?
- Does the Airtame have an IP address from your network? i.e. is it connected to your network?