This article informs you how to:
- Invite others to your Airtame Cloud organizations.
- Configure user roles and permissions when inviting and after inviting.
- Changing account owner.
- Remove someone else, yourself, or the entire account.
- Change ownership
- Change your password
Sending an invite
- Log in to your account, and click on the “Team” tab
- Click the "Invite user" button in the upper righthand corner
- Enter the email of a colleague you would like to invite
- Select their “Role” (User, Manager, or Administrator)
- Select their “Group membership” (All groups of Airtames or Select specific groups)
- Click “Send invite”
Next, all your colleague has to do is follow the link in the email they receive from Airtame Cloud.
User roles and permissions
Airtame Cloud is a handy tool for managing Airtame devices and the content of their screens, but it's reasonable that different people should have different limits for what they can change. For example, a teacher may want to have access to change the image shown in their classroom, while not needing access to the rest of the settings within the cloud.
Assigning user roles is a way to effectively manage such permissions. Here’s a breakdown of the different levels of access tied to each role:
- Owner: This role automatically belongs to the person/email address that set up the account. At any given time there can only be one owner. However, you can pass on ownership to someone else (instructions in the next section).
- Administrator: This role gives full access to all functionality of Airtame Cloud, including being able to invite new users and edit user roles. The difference from an owner is that an administrator can't delete users or pass on account ownership.
- Manager: This role gives full access to devices’ settings for specified groups. Managers cannot invite other users, assign user roles or create new groups.
- User: The role gives access to the Homescreen tab only. Users cannot invite other users or access the “Devices” tab.
Editing user roles
To edit user roles:
- Click on the "Team" tab in your cloud account
- Select the user(s) and click "Edit user"
- Choose the user role: Administrator, Manager, or User
- Choose "Group membership": "All groups" or "Select specific groups" (refers to which Airtame devices the person can access)
Changing the account owner
Only the organization owner can hand over the ownership to another user. The account owner needs to:
- Go to the “Team” tab
- Tick the box next to the email of the user who will take over
- Click the “Make owner” button in the top righthand corner of the window
- Click "Make owner" again in the confirmation box
If the account owner has left without handing over ownership, please reach out to Airtame support on live chat or firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have the ownership changed.
You will need to provide the email of the existing owner and the email for the desired new owner.
Delete someone from the account
Only the account owner has the ability to delete someone from the account. To do so, they’d need to:
- Go to the "Team" tab
- Select the person they'd like to remove by ticking the box next to the user’s email
- Click "Remove"
Delete your own user account
If you wish to delete your own account, you can do so by:
- Go to the "Team" tab
- Click on "Leave organization" in the top righthand corner.
Delete the entire Airtame Cloud organization
If you wish to delete your own Airtame Cloud account, the cloud owner can do so by:
- Going to the "Team" tab
- Clicking on ''Remove organization'' in the top righthand corner.
To edit your individual login, go to the “User” tab within Airtame Cloud. You will find a section where you can select a new password.