Some users, especially those in very strict corporate or educational environments, can have trouble updating the firmware on their Airtame devices and/or updating the Airtame app. These are the problems and solutions we have come across thus far:
It sounds like a no-brainer but quite often the Airtames are put on their own VLAN with no internet access or they do not have access to port 80 for Internet.
A temporary loss of WiFi, can cause the download to stop and restart. If this happens once, it will likely keep happening.
We have found these firewall policies that can block the download of new updates.
Make sure repos.airtame.com is accessible or whitelisted via your network/firewall. Keep in mind that whitelisting the IP address may not work long term as downloads could come from any global mirror.
There is a hidden settings page on Sonicwall firewalls you access by browsing to the hostname/diag.html. On this page there is a setting called "Protect against TCP State Manipulation DoS". When this is enabled the airtame updates fail. Disabled "Protect against TCP State Manipulation DoS" and the update should now work.
Many network security softwares/hardwares completely block any kind of compressed file from being downloaded. This includes .tar.gz files like Airtame's updates.
- It can take up to 30-60 minutes to complete the update.
- Your firewall may be blocking the installer since it comes as a .tar.gz file. Seen on Sonic Firewalls
- Make sure repos.airtame.com is accessible or whitelisted via your network/firewall. Bear in mind that whitelisting the IP address may not work long term as downloads could come from any global mirror.
- If the update is stuck at the same percentage for more than 30 minutes, unplug the device and try again.
- Updates happen over HTTP (TCP port 80) so ensure that this port is available on your network.
- Try to use a power adapter instead of your displays USB port.
- Try to put the device on a less restricted network, like a home network, to update.
- Use Ethernet adapter.
- Check your IDS/IPS systems for anything that can be preventing an update.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box on the corner or send an email to email@example.com and we will be here to assist you.
If you are facing technical issues, remember to send also your Airtame device logs.
Sign up for product updates to stay posted on future features.