Explanation of different product updates
Firmware: Update only on the device (current version: 4.2.1 for Airtame 2 & 4.1.0 for Airtame 1).
App: The Airtame app running on all supported computers (current version: 4.1.1).
Airtame Cloud: Our online cloud platform. Learn more.
Release and changelog: (sorted by latest first)
You can sign up to stay updated on product updates here: Email preferences.
Firmware version 4.2.1 - Airtame 2 (released 19th of November 2020)
- Miracast Touchback pen support for some Epson projectors.
- Fix for CEC related issues.
- Fix for the occasions when the Airtame devices would no longer be accessible in the Airtame Cloud.
Firmware version 4.2.0 - Airtame 2 (released 5th of November 2020)
- Support for Content scheduling.
- AirPlay with media playback (supported by AirServer). Available for Airtame 2 devices only.
- Fix for cases when browser couldn't load contents and resulted into a white screen.
- Fix for cases when CEC would cause screens to show a white screen.
Firmware version 4.1.0 - Airtame 2 (released 28th of September 2020); Airtame 1 (released 12th of October 2020)
- Support for CEC, Miracast over Infrastructure and Miracast Touchback (for Airtame 2 only)
- New markdown variable in the overlay guide text: (AP_NAME).
App v4.1.1 - for Windows, macOS and Linux (released 17th of August 2020)
- Allow analytics to use system proxy.
- Improve the analytics retry mechanism (in case an analytics event failed to be sent).
- Fix for the missing tray icon on Windows when dark mode is enabled for applications.
- Fix for the app getting stuck in the Setup Flow when trying to connect to a device.
Firmware version 4.0.0 - Airtame 2 (released 23rd of July 2020); Airtame 1 (released 1st of September 2020)
- Vimeo signage bug fixed.
- Smaller technical fixes.
App v4.1.0 - for Windows, macOS and Linux (released 30th of June 2020)
- Additional security step during setup flow: users can choose to set a password for the Airtame's Access Point and its settings during the setup flow. They can skip the step and configure this later, if they wish.
- Do Not Disturb functionality on macOS while streaming: users can opt-out of this functionality in the Preferences menu fo the App.
- Search results have been improved to better match multiple search terms.
- UI and text changes for the "Not able to find this device" screen.
- UI and text changes for the setup flow confirmation step.
- MSI starting at system startup even though the installer was invoked with WRAPPED_ARGUMENTS="/autostart=false".
- Setup flow logic sometimes not recognising it has successfully connected to the Airtame device.
- Setup flow failing on non-English OS versions.
- Non-admin macOS users failing to start the application.
- Broken UI when window picking fails because the window cannot be shared (for instance Task Manager window).
Firmware version 3.9.2 - Airtame 2 (released 10th of June 2020); Airtame 1 (released 22nd of June 2020)
- Moderator tool — makes it possible to stop a stream from the Airtame Cloud platform.
- Issue when Airtame's standby timer would start when it shouldn't.
- Smaller bugs related to the Moderator tool.
App v4.0.1 - for Windows, macOS and Linux (released 12th of May 2020)
- Fixed expired signing certificate on Windows app.
Firmware version 3.9.1 - Airtame 2 only (released 14th of April 2020)
- 802.1X authentication issues.
- Flooding RADIUS servers with a lot of auth-deauth loop events when EAP-TLS is used.
Firmware version 3.9.0 - Airtame 2 (released 15th of April 2020); Airtame 1 (released 20th of April 2020)
- Miracast streaming functionality from Windows and Android devices to Airtame (Airtame 2 only):
- No need to install the Airtame application.
- Stream without being on the same network.
- Fully mirror from Android with audio on all major Android devices.
- Use Airtame to extend your desktop on a separate display.
- It is now possible to connect to an SSID with trailing whitespace in the name.
App v4.0.0 - for Windows, macOS and Linux (released 24th of March 2020)
- The application can be minimised/maximised to/from task bar, moved around the screen(s) and resized vertically.
- SoundFlower kernel extension was replaced with Airtame Audio driver for Mac.
- Cross-VLAN support for mDNS.
- The application opens minimised on system startup.
- The application will only show existing devices while searching (better support for connect via IP or DNS name).
- Use white tray icon on Mac dark mode and Linux.
- UI changes to streaming notification.
- UI changes to Setup Flow and Device Settings.
- 3.6.1 MSI returning 1603 error code.
- Windows Guest app looking for new updates.
- MSI application start on user login if MSI installer was invoked with WRAPPED_ARGUMENTS="/autostart=true".
- Favourite devices update the IP address on discovery: if Airtame marked as "Favourite" has changed the IP, the user will be able to access it through the app without having to re-favourite it.
- Setup flow configuring WiFi network when ethernet setup was selected.
- Pincode not getting focus on touch devices having the keyboard layout in a foreign language (e.g. French).
Firmware version 3.8.1 - Airtame 2 (released 13th of March 2020); Airtame 1 (released 16th of March 2020);
- General stability and UX improvements for Airtame Cloud Plus. Learn more
Firmware version 3.8.0 - Airtame 2 (released 18th of February 2020); Airtame 1 (released 24th of February 2020);
- Airtame Cloud Plus. Learn more
- Playlist: Upload up to 20 different Airtame Cloud apps, URLs or images to loop through different content.
- Sleep Schedule: Control when your Airtame should turn on and off the display. It won't control the TV, just the screen content.
- Google Cast: Share your screen from an Android device or from a Chrome browser. (Only for Airtame 2).
App v3.6.1 - for Windows, macOS and Linux (released 26th of November 2019)
- Fix for macOS Catalina to accommodate for new flow for getting screen recording permissions.
App v3.6.0 - for Windows, macOS and Linux (released 14th of November 2019)
- MacOS Catalina flow for approving video recording and microphone access.
- UI changes of device resolutions in Airtame Settings menu (warnings if current resolution doesn't match the configured resolution and warnings if EDID read failed).
- Improvements to the Airtame app search functionality.
- Improvements to the streamer module: New WASAPI implementation for Windows (sound capture).
- General bug fixes; Mouse cursor drawing for Single Window Sharing on Windows;
- Single Windows Sharing scaling bug fix.
- Disable audio button while streaming if Airtame resolution doesn't support audio.
- Change Ubuntu snap confinement to "strict" so we can publish in Ubuntu store: This means that Linux application won't detect unconfigured/oob devices anymore, but setup will have to be through the manual setup flow.
Important bug fixes
- Fix the issue when Airtame app sometimes couldn't reconnect to Airtame.
- Fix for on-screen keyboard not showing up on PIN code on touch devices.
- Fix for disconnecting the stream when pressing 'Enter' key after filling in the PIN code.
- Fix for Airtame app moving outside of screen after streaming.
- Fix duplicated entries in Windows Program and Features for the Airtame App.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be here to assist you.