Download our setup manual here: 1-pager: Setup guide
This guide will show you how to physically install Airtame, set up and stream for the first time. The end goal is to have Airtame connected to your existing WiFi so that anybody on that WiFi network can stream, wirelessly.
☝️Click here to set up using an ethernet adapter.
Note, that you cannot set up or configure Airtame using a phone or Chromebook.
Step 1: Installing & Powering Airtame
Airtame requires 5V-1Amp of power from a USB. This USB can be the power adapter provided in the box or from your TV/Projector if it outputs 1 Amp. Your TV/projector’s USB port will be labeled “5V 1A” or “USB-HDD”. (If it says “service,” however, this will not work)
Use the provided HDMI extension cord to fit Airtame in tight spots or to get the Airtame closer to the edge of the screen for better WiFi signal strength. Illustrated on the right picture above.
Step 2: Configuring Airtame
Turn the TV on to the correct HDMI source and you will be asked to download and install the Airtame app
The Setup Guide
The Airtame app will detect new devices when they are nearby and allow you to set them up with just a few clicks. Settings are sent through WiFi so your computer will temporarily switch to Airtame's WiFi to transfer these initial configurations.
- Open the Airtame app.
- Wait until you see the blue "Set up" button appear next to your new Airtame's name (Airtame app should be in focus for up to a minute to detect the new device)
- Click "Set up".
- Enter a name for your Airtame.
- Choose how you will connect the Airtame to your network. (WiFi, Ethernet, or Ad-Hoc).
- If WiFi, select your network from the list of nearby WiFi's and choose 5GHz over 2.4GHz whenever available.
- For macOS only: Click "Connect" and enter your computer's user password to allow Airtame to switch WiFis for transferring settings.
- Wait for confirmation to show on the TV screen. For additional configuration, go to Airtame device settings.
Step 3: Streaming
Learn how to stream from different platforms here.
Step 4: Manage your device
- Go to airtame.cloud.
- Fill out Organization name and press "Next".
- Fill out your email address and password.
- Press "Create account".
- Click on "Add Airtame".
- Select the group you would like to add your Airtame to.
- Click the "Copy" button or manually copy the code in the box.
- Add the Code to your Airtame:
- Open the Airtame settings.
- Paste the Token under "Cloud token".
- Click the "Apply changes" button.
Your Airtame will now shortly after show up in Airtame Cloud! 👏
If this is not the case please check our 🛠 Airtame Cloud - Troubleshooting.
Step 5: Customizing
You can continue customizing your device by going to Airtame device settings