This guide will show you how to physically install the Airtame, set up and stream for the first time. The end goal is to have Airtame connected to your existing network so that anybody on that same network can stream wirelessly.
Note: Airtame 1 devices will stop receiving firmware updates after December 31st 2020. The Airtame 1 devices will continue to work with the Airtame desktop app and Airtame Cloud until at least 2022.
Installing with an Ethernet adapter?
Follow instructions in this article: Set up using an Ethernet adapter
What you need before setting up:
- Airtame (and all accessories in the box).
- TV or projector.
- WiFi network.
- A computer: Windows, macOS, Linux.
Note that setup from Chromebook or mobile devices is not supported.
Firmware version of your Airtame 1 device
It might be the case that you have not used your Airtame 1 device in a while, and are trying to set it up again. If you are not able to connect to the device to set it up, please check the firmware version of your Airtame device. It is written in the bottom right corner of the Welcome screen (on the TV/display that the Airtame is plugged into).
If your Airtame device's firmware version is older (a smaller number) than 3.0.0, you will need to update the Airtame device manually, before continuing with the setup: How to manually update firmware - Airtame 1.
After updating the device to the newest firmware, you should be able to connect to your Airtame device and set it up using the steps below.
If your Airtame device has a more recent firmware version than 3.0.0, please continue with the setup steps below.
Step 1: Mounting & Powering
Airtame requires 5V-1Amp of power from a USB. This USB can be the power adapter provided in the box or from your TV/Projector if it outputs 1 Amp. Your TV/projector’s USB port will be labeled “5V 1A” or “USB-HDD”. (If it says “service,” however, this will not work).
Use the provided HDMI extension cord to fit Airtame in tight spots or to get the Airtame closer to the edge of the screen for better WiFi signal strength. Illustrated on the right picture above.
Step 2: Configuring Airtame
Turn the TV on to the correct HDMI source and you will be asked to download and install the Airtame app
The Airtame app will detect new devices when they are nearby and allow you to set them up with just a few clicks. Settings are sent through WiFi so your computer will temporarily switch to Airtame's WiFi to transfer these initial configurations.
- Open the Airtame app.
- Wait until you see the blue "Set up" button appear next to your new Airtame's name and click on it.
- Enter a name for your Airtame.
- Choose if you would like to set up a password for the Airtame device's Settings and the Airtame device's own Access Points. You can also skip this step and individual passwords for the access point and device settings later from device settings after setup is complete.
- Choose between connecting your device to your WiFi, Ethernet (wired network) or Ad-hoc.
- If you chose WiFi, select your network from the list of nearby WiFi's. (Select 5GHz over 2.4GHz whenever available).
- Wait for the confirmation to show on the TV screen.
- For additional configuration, go to the device settings.
Step 3: Streaming
Step 4: Manage your device
- Go to airtame.cloud.
- Fill out Organization name and press "Next".
- Fill out your email address and password.
- Press "Create account".
- Click on "Add Airtame".
- Select the group you would like to add your Airtame to.
- Click the "Copy" button or manually copy the code in the box.
Add the code to your Airtame device:
- Open the Airtame device settings through the App.
- Paste the token under "Cloud token".
- Click the "Apply changes" button.
Your Airtame will show up after a few seconds on your Airtame Cloud account. If you can't see the device's name, please check our Airtame Cloud-Troubleshooting article.
Step 5: Customizing
You can continue customizing your device by going to Airtame device settings
Changing networks on your Airtame device
You might need to connect your Airtame again to a WiFi network because of the following reasons:
- You are unable to access the device settings.
- The name of the your network has changed (SSID).
- You move the Airtame to a different location.
- You are taking the Airtame for a remote presentation.
Here is how you can re-connect or change the WiFi network of your Airtame device: How to connect Airtame to a WiFi network
End of life
Airtame 1 devices will stop receiving firmware updates after December 31st 2020. The Airtame 1 devices will continue to work with the Airtame desktop app and Airtame Cloud until at least 2022.
- Advanced setup: Deployment Guide
- Improve Streaming
- Learn how to stream from different devices: Using Airtame
- Setting up multiple Airtames? Check the tips on how to speed it up.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to [email protected] and we will be here to assist you.