Congratulations on getting your first Airtame 2! This guide will show you how to physically install the device, set it up and stream to it for the first time. The end goal is to have Airtame connected to your existing WiFi so that anybody on that same WiFi network can stream wirelessly.
Click here for more information about setting up with an Ethernet adapter.
Please note that initial configuration (naming the device, connecting it to a local network, etc.) cannot be done from the Airtame app on a mobile device or Chromebook, as these versions don't have access to the Airtame's settings.
What you need before setting up
- Airtame (and all accessories in the box)
- TV or projector
- WiFi network
- Laptop (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
Step 1: Mounting your Airtame
Airtame can be placed differently depending on whether a permanent or flexible installation is desired.
- Flexible installation involves using the magnetic wall mount to fix Airtame to a magnetic surface, such as the back of the frame of your TV or projector.
- Permanent mounting uses the adhesive on the magnetic wall mount to stick the Airtame to any surface. For optimal streaming, mount the Airtame 2 on the wall approx 10cm/4in from the edge of the display using the non-removable adhesive.
Download the mounting instructions here
Step 2: Powering your Airtame 2
Airtame requires 5V-2.3Amps provided by the supplied power adapter. Airtame 2 cannot be powered from the TV/projector's USB port nor can the Aircord be extended using a USB extension as this will undervolt the device.
Step 3: Configuring Airtame
Turn the TV on to the correct HDMI source and you will be asked to:
- Download and install the Airtame app.
- Open the Airtame app and wait for the Setup banner to appear.
The setup guide
The Airtame app will detect new devices when they are nearby and allow you to set them up with just a few clicks. Settings are sent through WiFi so your computer will temporarily switch to Airtame's WiFi (hotspot) to transfer these initial configurations.
- Open the Airtame app.
- Wait until you see the blue "Set up" button appear next to your new Airtame's name (⚠️ Airtame app should be in focus for up to a minute to actually detect the new device )
- Click "Set Up".
- Enter a name for your Airtame.
- Choose how you will connect the Airtame to your network. (WiFi, Ethernet, or Ad-Hoc).
- If WiFi, select your network from the list of nearby WiFi's and chose 5GHz over 2.4GHz whenever available.
- Click "Connect" and enter your computer's user password (macOS only) to allow Airtame to switch WiFis for transferring settings.
- Wait for confirmation to show on the TV screen. ☝️ To further configure, go to the Device Management Panel.
- For ethernet setups, you must name the ethernet connection manually as the SSID it is connected to: Customise Airtame's home screen text.
Step 4: Streaming
Now that the device is set up, go ahead and make your first stream:
- Open the Airtame app.
- Find your device in the list or enter its IP address.
- Click "Share screen" for each device you wish to stream to.
- When you are done, return to the app panel and click "Stop" to finish the stream.
Want to stream from a mobile device?
Step 5: Customizing
You can continue to customize your device by going to an
Airtame's device settings.