Deployment Validation Checklist
This checklist will let you test and validate your Airtame setup to ensure best possible experience and readiness for roll-out.
⬇️This article is available for download here
- Make sure device is powered correctly. (At least 1amp for Airtame 1 and via Aircord for Airtame 2)
- Router placed less than 30 feet (10 m) away from Airtame.
- Fewer than two walls between your Router/AP and Airtame.
- Choose the best WiFi: Use 5GHz over 2.4GHz.
- Signal RSSI value > -60dbm on 5Ghz or -50dBm on 2.4Ghz (Visible on Airtame Cloud).
- Ping test is stable and preferable below 10ms and at least below 50ms.
- Disable unused "hotspot" Access Points on Airtame to minimize WiFi interference.
- Setup inter-VLAN routing from all intended VLANs to Airtame's VLAN.
- Have required network ports open.
- Discovery is working: Available devices are showing up in the app automatically.
- Optional: AirPlay enabled and showing on your iOS device.
- All devices added to Airtame Cloud.
- Check if updates are available for both your Airtame device and app.
- Stream from desired devices. We recommend streaming for a longer period to ensure stability.
- Stream with audio to confirm it is working correctly.
- Optional: Stream using AirPlay from iOS devices.
- Adjust screen settings: Reduce contrast until all the lines in a spreadsheet are visible (Often around 70-80% of max value).
- Clear text: Reduce sharpen until the text looks good and is easy to read (Often 0-20% of maximum).
- Disable overscan to avoid a cropped picture.
- Optional: Avoid black bars by changing the aspect ratio on your Computer to match the TV (16:9) or Projector (16:10).
- Users can download and install the app from www.airtame.com/download.
- Deploy the Airtame MSI to all company computers.
- Make sure guests and users without admin rights can get the Windows Guest app.
- Users know how to use necessary steps (streaming and audio mode).
Additional useful steps:
- Customize the Homescreen background to brand your organization.
- Customize the Homescreen Overlay Text with relevant information or detailed steps for users to stream.
- Use our customizable and printable guides. Download Here.
- Airtame is placed secured to avoid theft..
- For larger roll-outs: Have at least one Airtame and computer on latest beta to stay on top of changes and ensure stability.
- Send device log files to evaluate your setup.
- Take a call with Airtame to clear up any questions or doubts.