The Airtame app can be installed on the computer's of people who will be using Airtame on a regular basis.
We also have a portable app, which is a version of the app for guests using Windows laptops. The portable, or "guest app", lets people present without needing any installation or administrative rights.
Supported Operating systems
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32 & 64 bit)
- Mac OS 10.11 - and up (64 bit)
- Linux Ubuntu 14.04/18.04
- Chrome OS 69 and above (Which Chromebooks are supported?)
- Android 4.1 and above
- iOS 11 and up
- Dual core 1.6GHz CPU
- 2GB Ram
- 802.11g WiFi
- Dual Core 2.8GHz CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 2.4GHz 802.11n (-50dbm)
- 5GHz 802.11n/ac (-60dbm)
- MIMO 2x2
- HD 720 Display
- HDMI/VGA/DVI Input
- Windows Phone
- ARM based PCs. (Like Surface RT)
- 1080p flat-panel or Projector with a free HDMI port
- For Airtame 2, make sure that an AC power supply or PoE (Power over Ethernet solution) is available. Airtame will sell its very own PoE accessory starting from the spring of 2019. For Airtame 1, power the device from either the display's 1Amp USB port or an AC adapter
- Supported devices: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, Chromebook
👆 Chromebooks with ARM processors are currently not supported (This feature is currently in Beta. Learn more about testing here)
Recommendations for Using Airtame
- Full-HD 1080p Display
- HDMI Input
👆 Please note that for a professional use case it is always better to opt for a commercial TV, rather than a consumer one. Commercial TVs generally have better warranties, and are better designed to be in use for extended periods of time, such as when displaying digital signage.
- Windows 10 - OS 10.11 - Linux 15.04
- CPU: Intel i series or AMD FX/Phenom 2GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- WiFi: 802.11 a/n/ac
- 5GHz 802.11/n
- RSSI -40dBm to -60dBm
- Ping times stable and below 20ms from the streaming devices
We recommend using an Ethernet connection whenever possible to ensure the best streaming performance: Why use an Ethernet adapter
Since both the performance and stability of Airtame rely on the network connection we can't guarantee proper performance if these recommendations are not followed:
- WiFi AP/Router supporting 5GHz 802.11n/ac placed without any major blocking obstacles between it and Airtame location
- A wired network connection using an Ethernet adapter.
If Airtame is about to be installed in locations with low WiFi signal strength connecting directly to the Airtame WiFi network can resolve this issue. Please note that this might cause a potential security breach or block access to internal services, so please reach out to the IT administrator for advice.