Check changelog here
Airtame periodically receives product improvements and new features through software and firmware updates. By default, your device and app are set to update automatically but this can be turned off if you prefer to manually update via either the device settings or Airtame Cloud.
To check for updates please see the below steps for updating firmware (on the Airtame device) and software (on your computer).
Firmware updates can be triggered from within the Airtame app or from Airtame Cloud
- Open an Airtame's settings
- If an update is available, you will see an update button at the bottom of the window
️ Automatic updates can be disabled on the same page
️ Troubleshooting in case the update doesn't work
- It can take around 2-8 minutes for Airtame 2 and up to 30-60 minutes for Airtame 1 to complete an update
- Your firewall may be blocking the installer since it comes as a .tar.gz file. Seen on Sonic Firewalls
- Make sure repos.airtame.com is accessible or whitelisted via your network/firewall. Bear in mind that whitelisting the IP address may not work long term as downloads could come from any global mirror
- If the update is stuck at the same percentage for more than 30 minutes, unplug the device and try again
- Updates happen over HTTP (TCP port 80) so ensure that this port is available on your network
- Try to use a power adapter instead of your displays USB port
- Try to put the device on a less restricted network, like a home network, to update
- More information
The Airtame app checks for software updates regularly. If there is an update available, you will see a green bar at the top of the app. Simply click on the "Install" button and the application will restart and install the new update.
You can also download and install the latest version from airtame.com/download and it will replace your previous version.
️ In case your firewall's blocking the download of the software, you may have to whitelist downloads.airtame.com going over port 80.