Streaming your computer screen works the exact same on Windows, macOS, and Linux. Simply follow the on-screen instructions:
1. Connect to the same WiFi as Airtame device (Listed on the TV or Projector)
2. Download and open Airtame app
3. Find the screen's name, or type it's IP address, and press "Share screen".
4. To add sound, click on the speaker icon in the app.
Using IP address Using Airtame name
🔊 Streaming with Audio
To add sound to your stream, click on the speaker icon that will appear beside the "Stop" button. This will enable audio and increase the stream quality while adding a 1-second buffer to ensure fluent playback.
➕ Extra Features
Airtame has additional features:
Single Window Sharing
Airtame has a possibility to stream only one selected application, window of your computer. You can enable it by selecting "Share window" from Airtame application (v3.3.0):
Learn more about possibilities here: Single Window Sharing
Airtame will place a reminder notification on your screen to remind you that you are streaming, we call this the streaming notification. It also provides the ability to quickly add audio or terminate that stream without opening the app.
The notification can be moved around the screen or minimized by clicking on the corresponding image in the top-right corner. You can enable or disable it by going to the app settings.
Pin Code Connect
Airtame lets you enable "PIN code" so that all users must enter a random 4-digit passcode when starting a stream. The password is shown on the TV screen. This will ensure that only users in the room watching the screen can connect and start streaming.
You can enable the Pin Code Connect option through the device advanced settings.
If you ever get disconnected, the Airtame app will try to automatically reconnect your stream for the next 10 seconds.
If you don’t want to connect the stream again, just click the "Stop" button to cancel the reconnect.
In-app chat function
If you're experiencing any issues with your Airtame or just wanted to throw your two cents or piece of feedback - you can do it directly from the Airtame app on your computer. Simply go to preferences and click the "Chat with Airtame" button.
I am seeing "Couldn't Connect to Airtame"?
- You are probably not connected to the WiFi where Airtame is available. Check the TV screen to see what WiFi you should be connected to.
- Airtame device is offline and not available for connection
- Ask your Airtame administrator to ensure the connection between computer and Airtame is still possible.
- Your Airtame may have been put on another network where the connection is not possible.
I don't see where to open the app?
- On Windows: The app shows as a small icon in your "Menu Bar"/"Tray". Sometimes it can be in the "Extras" section represented by an upward arrow ˄. in this case, we recommend dragging the icon to the main "Menu Bar"
- On mac OS: The app shows as a small icon in the "Menu bar", next to clock, battery life, etc.