Airtame supports many forms of WiFi Authentication:
- 802.1X (PEAP & EAP-TLS)
Note: WEP and Captive portal is not supported as it is easily hackable and provides almost no security.
Connect to Hidden/Advanced Networks
Airtame v3.0 and above
When connecting to a hidden WiFi network you have to use the Device Settings panel.
- Open Airtame device settings panel.
- Go to "Network" and click on the blue writing "Join hidden network".
- Enter the details of your hidden network, including enterprise credentials if necessary.
- Click on "Apply changes" and wait for your device to refresh.
Airtame supports PEAP, EAP-TLS Client and Certificate Authority (CA).
Airtame will automatically detect if the network you are connecting it to is "WPA2-Enterprise" and ask you for a username and password. Alternatively, you can click on "Advanced WiFi Setup" to manually enter all information.
Airtame supports client_cert: certificate file (PEM/DER), private_key: private key file (PEM/DER/PFX)
If you are using .cer we don't support it so you will need to convert it to .PEM using:
openssl x509 -inform der -in <certificate>.cer -out <certificate>.pem
Learn more here: Authenticating your Airtame
Eduroam is a wireless internet service provided in many educational institutions. Generally, it is a very secure and "locked down" network, meaning that you may need special permission to get Airtame working on an Eduroam network.
Here are the steps we recommend you take:
- Try to connect Airtame to the network using your own personal credentials, since it can be difficult getting new credentials for a device. You would need to ask the network administrators.
- Test if you are able to stream to Airtame from a PC on Eduroam WiFi, you may need to type Airtames IP address (shown on the TV) since "Multicast" is generally disabled.
- If you are not able to stream, it is likely because of "Client Isolation" which prevents devices from communicating with each other on the network. Go to ask your network Admins what they suggest you do, they may be able to disable it or whitelist Airtame's IP address to allow streaming.
- To get the device to automatically show up in the app, the "Multicast" protocol must be enabled. Again, your network admins will be able to advise you.
If you have requests for any specific types of certificates or ways of installing them please write us on [email protected] so we can take it into consideration for development.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to [email protected] and we will be here to assist you.