The Dropbox Video app, accessible from your Airtame Cloud account, will allow you to authenticate with your Dropbox account and select a Dropbox video to be displayed as the background of your Airtame device.
Prerequisites: This is a paid feature. The Airtame device must have a seat in our Airtame Cloud Plus plan. Learn more.
How to set it up
- Log into your Airtame Cloud account.
- Go to the Screens tab.
- Select one or multiple screens.
- Click Edit settings.
- Select an app, Add or click on the X to replace the current one.
- Choose the Dropbox Video app.
- Click "Authenticate with Dropbox" and sign into Dropbox with your Dropbox account or with Dropbox's Google integration.
- Click "Choose a video with Dropbox" and select the video you wish to show.
- Choose if the video should have sound or be muted.
- Save and Apply changes.
️Supported file types:
- MP4 (QuickTime / MOV / MPEG4)
When you choose a video, the default duration will be shown. Please note that the time needed to buffer the video is not calculated into the default duration, but it is just the actual duration of the video.
You can also manually choose the duration of how long the chosen video should be shown for.
- The only supported codec is H.264.
- If the video is not of the supported codec and/or file type, it will not be available for selection in the Dropbox Video app.
- For optimal playback, select a file up to 1080p. The app doesn't support larger file sizes, but it will support lower than 1080p.
- Dropbox Video lets users select one video file at a time. To show multiple videos, add an additional video or videos with the Looped Content or Scheduled Content feature.
- When uploading the video to your Dropbox account, it might take up to 30 mins for the video to show up on your Dropbox account and be ready for selection in the Dropbox Video app.
- Video quality depends on the bandwidth and stability of the Airtame's internet connection.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to [email protected] and we will be here to assist you.