- Airtame 2 is powered by a 2.3A 5V power adaptor (included).
- We recommend using the provided power adapter. Airtame 2 cannot be powered via the USB port of a TV or a Projector.
- HDMI adapters can be used to convert the cable to VGA, DVI & DP.
- Airtame 2 can be installed along with accessories such as Airtame PoE Adapter*, Ethernet adapter*, or Airtame Extension Cord*
Note: The Aircord is not compatible with any USB extenders and, if necessary, should only be extended on the Power-side using Airtame Extension Cord.
How to assemble the included AC power adapter
Airtame comes with a US power adapter which can be adapted with EU, UK and AUS plugs. To connect the plug of your choice, follow these steps:
- Take the PSU (power supply unit) and the adapter of your choice.
- Slide the socket over the prongs of the power adapter.
How to use Airtame 2 with Airtame PoE Adaptor
Follow the instructions or watch the video in this article: Airtame PoE Adapter
The LED light
Once you power device up - you will notice that Airtame has LED to communicate its status:
- Light off — Cannot boot or has the LED turned off
- Constant Red — Failed to boot into Linux (corrupted partition)
- Constant white — On and ready for use
- Blue — Streaming
- Pulsing green — Updating
- Green — Right out-of-the-box device, tune me up!
- Purple — Factory reset (button pressed for 10 seconds, will stay on for 5 seconds)
- Orange — Network reset (button pressed for 3 seconds) and wireless network connections were dropped
Airtame 2 provides flexible mounting options for permanent and non-permanent installations.
Positioning for best connectivity:
- Place the Airtame as close to the line of sight with the nearest Access Point (AP) as possible.
- Place Airtame within 50 feet (15 meters) of an AP.
- Use an HDMI-in that is in the direction of the nearest AP.
- Try to avoid placing Airtame 2 behind WiFi blockers like the TV or furniture.
- Hide the cabling out of sight by using the adhesive strip.
Permanent vs non-permanent
- Permanent installations: use the adhesive strips of the wall mount and Aircord to permanently fix the Airtame 2 to the TV, projector or the wall beside it.
- Non-permanent installations: use only the magnetism of the wall mount to fix the Airtame to a metallic part of the TV or projector. Remember to leave the red seal on the adhesive pads.
- Airtame 2 security features: Airtame security
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to [email protected] and we will be here to assist you.