This article includes
- My device shows a log-in page, what can I do?
- My device says it cannot display this URL, why?
- The page keeps refreshing and never loads.
- The background never changes or I see "Ooops..."
- My Youtube video does not loop, why?
Current limitations of Airtame background
Airtame's background web browser cannot show all website content. These are the current things it does not work with:
- Java, Flash, Silverlight, WebGL not supported
- Sites that requires login, like Facebook (Due to lack of ways to provide input)
My device shows a log-in page, what can I do?
Airtame does not currently support these web pages/dashboards. You will need to get a public link or switch dashboard providers.
My device says it cannot display this URL, why?
Most likely it is due to the web page containing unsupported content like Java, Flash, Silverlight.
The page keeps refreshing and never loads.
The web page requires too much memory. Airtame 1 has up to 150Mb of space for loading web-pages. You can simplify or remove some elements and try again.
My Youtube video does not loop, why?
Make sure you setup a URL correctly by creating a playlist and adding correct videos. Also make sure that video is not interrupted with a stream or similar. Learn more here.
Constantly spinning arrows
When you try to lead a URL and all you see are spinning arrows, it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
- The page is too heavy and exceeds the amount of RAM memory available on the device (150Mb) by a lot. This results in the page not being able to show before the device runs out of memory.
- The URL contains code elements not supported by Airtame (browser and device) such as IPv6, Java, Flash, Silverlight, WebGL.
The background never changes or I see "Ooops..."
Is it connected to a WiFi with internet access? A slow internet may have caused the page to "time-out". Restart the device or apply the URL again once the internet connection improves.
Error-message "Oops, site can't be loaded"
This message might come up if you were displaying a Website URL, it is likely to be related to the new certificate validation we have in the latest browser (Firmware v3.6.1)
If that's the case, you should do the following:
Through Airtame Cloud:
- Log into your Airtame Cloud account
- Go to the Screens section
- Select your screen, click on "Edit Settings" and then "Configure"
- Set Ignore Certificate Errors to ON
Through the Airtame app:
- Open the Airtame App
- Hover on top of the name of your device to access the "Settings"
- Scroll down and set Ignore Certificate Errors to ON
When you see the "err_name_not_resolved" message on an Airtame-equipped screen, this means that the website cannot be found. This is likely due to one of the following:
- Incorrect URL.
- A lack of network/internet connection.
- A problem with the DNS not listing the website, i.e. the URL is not on the DNS sheet.
- The website is on a part of the network that the Airtame does not have access to, such as in the case of Airtame being on one VLAN and the website being hosted on another VLAN.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to [email protected] and we will be here to assist you.