Is Airtame Cloud down?
See current and past uptime:https://status.airtame.com/
From this page you will also have the option to subscribe to any updates.
What you will learn:
- "I do not receive verification/invite emails from Airtame Cloud"
- "My Airtame shows as offline in Airtame cloud"
- "My Airtame doesn't show up in Airtame Cloud"
For troubleshooting related to Airtame Screens and use of Apps, please visit: Airtame Cloud Screens
Airtame Cloud uses WSS:// to make an encrypted connection.
Some network requirements are needed for it to work with your Airtame devices:
- Internet access. Port: 443
- Be able to synchronise time with either your NTP server or external NTP servers. Port: 123
- Your network must allow communication with servers in Germany since https://airtame.cloud is hosted on AWS in Germany.
- The network follows our port requirements and has a good signal strength where the Airtame is located.
- You must use a unique cloud token for each Airtame device, refresh the token for each new Airtame added.
If none of the below solutions work, please take the device log files and send them to us through the chat system on the bottom right of this page or to [email protected] with a description of what you are experiencing
"I do not receive verification/invite emails from Airtame Cloud"
You need to make sure that emails coming from Airtame Cloud are not blocked by your SPAM filter. Invitations and verifications are sent from [email protected]. Whitelist this domain if needed.
"My Airtame shows as offline in Airtame cloud"
- Does the Airtame device show up a second time? Maybe you added the Airtame with a new token but did not remove the old/original entry.
- Is the Airtame device turned on?
- Does the Airtame have an IP address from your network? i.e. is it connected to your network?
"My Airtame doesn't show up in Airtame Cloud"
If you have pasted the cloud token into the settings of your Airtame devices and it is not showing up, these are the potential reasons:
1. The Airtame cannot set the time via NTP
You can verify if Airtame has set the correct time by checking the date in the last entry of Airtame's device log files.
- External NTP traffic is blocked on your network. By the controller, firewall, or web filter.
- You have an internal NTP server but it is not being specified by your DHCP server in option 42.
- You have an internal NTP server but it is not accessible from the VLAN Airtame is on.
- Your web filter's SSL decryption is blocking NTP traffic. Add Airtame's IP to your SSL decryption IP address bypass.
- Your DNS does not resolve the NTP domains 0.fedora.pool.ntp.org , 1.fedora.pool.ntp.org , 2.fedora.pool.ntp.org , 3.fedora.pool.ntp.org
2. The Airtame reports "root distance too large"
- This error message means that your NTP server is out of sync from your root NTP server by at least 5 seconds. This results in the Airtame failing to synchronise because it thinks the NTP server's time is bad.
- The root distance is defined as:
"The root distance statistic is computed as one-half the root delay of the primary source of time; i.e., the reference clock, plus the root dispersion of that source. The root variables are included in the NTP packet header received from each source. At each update the root delay is recomputed as the sum of the root delay in the packet plus the peer delay, while the root dispersion is recomputed as the sum of the root dispersion in the packet plus the peer dispersion."
- You will need to check the time on the NTP server to make sure it is synchronised properly and accurate. In cases where root distance is correct, the issue might be related to root dispersion. If root dispersion is larger than 5 seconds, this will also cause NTP sync issues.
3. The Airtame cannot find https://airtame.cloud
- Airtame cannot "Resolve" the domain Airtame.cloud because it is not listed inside your DNS.
- Airtame doesn't have internet access. The network doesn't provide internet or the ports required are not open.
- Your firewall is blocking the domain airtame.cloud or the port 443.
- Your web filter's SSL decryption is blocking airtame.com from being resolved. You can disable "SSL Decryption Bypass" or manually whitelist airtame.cloud or Airtame Cloud static IP addresses 18.104.22.168/32 and 22.214.171.124/32.
- Country Restrictions: Some networks have country restriction enabled. Airtame.cloud is hosted on Amazon Web Service's servers in Germany. This means that you will need to whitelist airtame.cloud or host a VPN to an outside location.
Do you have any questions?
You can write to us using the blue chat box in the lower right hand corner or send an email to [email protected] and we will be here to assist you.